Do you have questions about medical marijuana?
Join the conversation at THE LEHIGH VALLEY’S FIRST CANNABIS CONFERENCE.
This Medical Marijuana Awareness Seminar is a FREE educational event for people seeking information about medical marijuana. Patients, caregivers, healthcare practitioners, and anyone interested in learning more about medical marijuana will benefit from this seminar. Presenters include industry experts who will discuss:
- How medical marijuana is used to treat serious health conditions.
- How the compounds of medical marijuana work with our bodies.
- How growers and processors develop medical strains and products.
- How to navigate the PA Medical Marijuana Program and obtain a medical marijuana card.
- The current legal situation and looking ahead.
Register here: https://highexpectationsmarketing.com/seminar/
MEET THE SPEAKERS!
Victor Guadagnino Jr.
Chief Business Development Officer at Keystone Canna Remedies
Victor is the Founder and Chief Business Development Officer for Keystone Canna Remedies, Pennsylvania’s First Medical Marijuana Dispensary. Victor obtained his B.S. in Biology at Siena College and Masters in Medical Bioethics at New York University. Victor’s education in Medical Bioethics makes him uniquely suited to address the policymaking and internal review challenges of the emerging medical marijuana industry to ensure the highest standard of care. Victor has worked closely with a team of content experts to learn MMJ chemical profiles, dosages and delivery systems with respect to various medical conditions. Victor’s interest in plant-based medicinal therapies was was sparked while volunteering in the Peruvian rainforest in 2006 with Amazon Promise, an organization that brings healthcare to remote areas. Traveling with a botanist and chemist, he learned to identify plants of medicinal value and to educate locals on their use, as access to modern medicine was very limited. This experience ignited Victor’s passion for intertwining nature and clinical based medicine, which he hopes to more fully realize through the dispensing of medical marijuana.
Chief Scientific Officer/EVP Pharmaceutical Division of Ilera Healthcare
Dr. Oludare Odumosu is the Chief Scientific Officer and Executive Vice President of Pharmaceutical Division of Ilera Healthcare. He brings with him ten years of pharmaceutical expertise and leading-edge execution within the industry in the areas of business development, operations and strategic alliance management and leadership. Dr. Odumosu plays a pivotal role in the development of the Ilera products and services due to his background in biochemistry and healthcare entrepreneurship. He is formerly the Ilera’s Chief Operating Officer.
Dr. Odumosu was a crucial element to Iroko Pharmaceuticals as part of the development team who produced Zorvolex, Tivorbex and Vivlodex through FDA approvals. His actions were equally essential to the success of Iroko’s go-to-market strategy resulting in U.S. market commercialization. Dr. Odumosu spearheaded implementation of the business development gate processes and expansion for Iroko’s Solumatrix franchise products. Instrumentally he also presided as the chief envoy of the ex-US licensing agreement negotiations.
Dr. Odumosu earned his PhD in Biochemistry and a Master’s in Public Health-Epidemiology and Biostatistics from the Loma Linda University School of Medicine and School of Public Health in Loma Linda, California. Prior to his graduate studies, he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Dr. Odumosu is also a notable World Bank Institute Certified public health professional with global healthcare translational/clinical/epidemiological research and data management expertise.
Consulting Pharmacist and General Manager at Keystone Canna Remedies
Monica Werkheiser is a pharmacist with expertise in medical cannabis. She serves as a Consulting Pharmacist and General Manager at Keystone Canna Remedies. Monica earned her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from Rutgers University in New Jersey. Upon returning to the Lehigh Valley, she worked in retail pharmacy and medication therapy management at one of the largest drugstore chains. Drawn towards a patient-focused organization that seeks to improve the lives of its patients, Monica made her transition to Keystone Canna Remedies as a medical marijuana pharmacist. She is responsible for empowering patients to effectively and responsibly utilize marijuana as a medication and providing professional and compassionate consultations to tailor the therapy to each patients’ needs. Monica continues to dispel concerns and fears by engaging healthcare providers and the public through education.
David Alan Gordon, M.D.
Family Practice, David A. Gordon MD PC Allentown
David A. Gordon, MD is a board-certified physician, with specialization in critical care surgery, cardiac care, and trauma. The Allentown Wellness Center, a fully equipped medical office offers medical marijuana evaluations for the Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Program. Dr. David A. Gordon established this private practice to provide alternative treatment options for any eligible Pennsylvania patients suffering from one or more of the approved medical conditions as outlined by the PA Medical Marijuana Act. This compassionate wellness center aims to not only treat a condition or ailment, but also to improve the overall quality of life for patients with a chronic and debilitating physical medical condition and/or mental illness.
Deirdre Kamber Todd
Managing Partner with the Kamber Law Group
Deirdre Kamber Todd is Managing Partner with the Kamber Law Group, P.C., a next-generation law-firm located in Allentown, Pennsylvania. With twenty years of experience, our areas of practice include:
- Business Law
- Employment Law
- Healthcare Law and HIPAA
- Social Media Law
- Client trainings and public speaking on professional development
- Social media expert witness
Community Involvements And Board Memberships:
- SHRM Lehigh Valley Board, Legislative and Diversity Chair and Member, ex Officio President (2006 – present)
- Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, Public Policy Committee, Member (2010 – present)
- Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, Health Care Committee, Member (2010 – present)
- Community Services for Children Board, Boardmember (2018)
- Jewish Day School Board, Boardmember (2017- present)
- Park Avenue Presentations (topics include Medical Cannabis and the Workplace, HIPAA for Employers, Employee Handbooks, Mental Health and Employment, LGBT Rights and Obligations, Bermuda Triangle of Leaves, Social Media at Work, etc.)
- Private clients (topics include EEO, Sexual Harassment, Bullying, LGBT Rights and Obligations, C Suite Culture Development, Managerial Skills, etc.)
- DeSales University (topics have included Comparison in Peruvian and American Business Laws, as well as graduate studies in Employment Law, Human Resources, Healthcare Law, and Conflict Management)
- Keynote, SHRMLV October Conference (2017-2019)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- AHDI Annual Conference
- Awardee, Distinguished Lawyer, 2017 to present
- Awardee, Top 10 in Client Satisfaction, 2015 to present
- Awardee, Lawyers of Distinction, 2014- to present
- Top Twenty under Forty, Eastern Pennsylvania Business Journal
- Superb, Avvo rating ➢ Awardee, Public Justice Foundation
- Awardee, New York State Bar Association
- “Medical Marijuana – What Employers Need to Know,” PBS, Channel 39
- “Does Your Boss Have a Right to Know if You’re Mentally Ill?” Bloomberg BusinessWeek
- “Mental Health in the Workplace,” Insurance Journal
- “Coping with Employees’ Mental Illnesses Can Be Challenging,” SHRM
- “Trump: Love Him or Hate Him,” Business Matters, Channel 69
- “Germanwings Crash Highlights Workplace Approaches to Mental Health,” All Things Considered, National Public Radio
- “Social Media Not Place to Try Sexual Harassment Allegations,” MCall.com
- “Employers Face Tough Challenges Keeping the Workplace Safe,” Business Insurance Weekly
- “A Conversation with our Transgender Community” Business Matters, Channel 69
- Surfing Technology Law,” HR Keystones, PA SHRM
- Human Rights and Public Health in the AIDS Pandemic (Eds. Lazzariini, Z, and Gostin, L.O., Oxford Press 1996)
- BA (Honors Thesis), Brandeis University
- MA (Honors), University of Limerick, Ireland
- JD, Hofstra University School of Law
- CHP, HIPAA Security, HIPAATraining.com
- Racial Steering, EEOC
- Social Media, Seton Hall University
- Security Theory and Application, CSS
- Internet Security for Children, Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office
- Wings, Level I, Federal Aviation Administration
In her spare time, Ms. Kamber Todd is a private pilot in training, an artist, and operates World Trade Center Connect, which provides opportunities to exhibit the largest privately held World Trade Center collection available for loan and promotes legal and charitable support for Ground Zero survivors and first responders.
Senior Attorney at Hoban Law Group
2019 National Law Journal “Finance, Banking, & Capital Markets Trailblazer” award winner, Steve Schain chairs global cannabis law firm Hoban Law Group’s PA and New Jersey practice and chairs its Financial Services Group. With 17 offices and 54 lawyers, Hoban Law Group is only practice 100% devoted to cannabis and hemp law. Admitted to practice in PA and New Jersey, Steve represents entities, governments and individuals in litigation, regulation, compliance, preparing and submitting license applications, entity formation, and drafting legislation. A nationally recognized consumer finance litigation, banking law and cannabis law expert, Steve is a The Legal Intelligencer, New Jersey Law Journal, and Cannabis Business Executive columnist, frequent Pennsylvania Bar Institute and National Bar Institute author and lecturer and serves as a court appointed judge pro tempore and arbitrator.